Updated: Oct 13, 2020
Pitch submissions open 28th September 2020
Closes 9th October 2020 (end of day)
Email pitches to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Myths Rewritten is a film festival giving students an opportunity to make and showcase original short films based on the theme of ‘myths rewritten’
· It allows students to still work on projects through the Covid pandemic and lets them have a smidegeon of social interaction
· Films will be less than 20 mins in length and must be all original works (or not in copyright to avoid fees)
· Equipment to make the films will be kindly supplied by the Film Society. Any additional equipment will be funded by the Classics Department.
· Any individual funding for films will be crowdfunded by the production teams
· We will be looking for all levels of cast and crew to take part – there’s something for everyone!
· Films will be rehearsed and produced in accordance with University guidelines and within social-distancing laws
· The ‘myths rewritten’ theme is broad enough to allow students to write about any myth from anywhere in the world, reinterpreting a story in a new setting, anywhere your imagination will take you!
· Pitches can be a complete script, an overview, an idea, a poem, a short story, or a plan with a couple pages of example dialogue.